Monday, August 3, 2009

OC 2009 Part 2

Well I (Michael) was up early as I had promised the kids we could ride bikes on the board walk.....you are allowed to ride bikes on the boards until 10am on weekends and 11am on weekdays......I had no problem waking up as the sun came into our room very bright this morning.....I looked at the little travel alarm clock Monica brings on all of our trips and it was 10 after 7 so I laid there for a bit figured I would get the kids up at 8.......both kids jumped up and were ready to goingno time.....got the bikes loaded on the rack....and we drive over to the boardwalk.....the kids nor I are ready for riding on Ocean hwy just yet. I started the car and noticed it was 10 after 7 not 10 after 8, seems Monica had not fixed the time on the clock since our last trip to Playa. Mack Marissa and I road the whole length of the boardwalk and back a total of 5 miles .

Today was going to be a beach day.....so after we got back Monica and I took her Mom's car whose trunk was full of all the beach supplies over to find a good parking spot.......We found one in the first spot next to the beach and that is where her car stayed all week sort of a supply shed for the chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards and such.......while we where there Monica and I set up the chairs on umbrellas on the beach to make sure we had a good spot for later.......at this point the beach was still pretty empty......I should have gotten a pic of Monica helping me setup in her PJs.
Got back to the house and had some egg sandwiches for breakfast.....then we all got latherd up in lotion, loaded the cooler with soft drinks and were ready to hit the beach
The day started a little overcast....so we did not need the umbrellas right away ....it was nice day in the low 80's it was the coolest summer I remember......but I was not complaining
In Ocean City you are not allowed alcohol on the beach.....but if anyone was wondering this mug holds 4 beers.
The search for lost treasure



Floating Billboard

Marissa has become quite the camera ham




watching the searocket pass by as we size up the waves




the rip tides were pretty strong ......several times each day the lifeguards would bring all the swimmers in for extra safety instructions on what to do if you get caught in a rip current










Marissa and Mom Mom

I swear Monica was with us at the beach......but she does tend to....take most of the pics and not be in them






Tonite we were going to have Steamed crabs for dinner......and grill MD Silver Queen Sweet Corn


While the corn was on the grill Mack did some fishing and caught a cute little starfish.....after we took some pics of ,we returned her to the bay......over Marissa's shoulder you can see Mack fishing and the corn piled high on the grill
Monica and her Mom (Marge) went to pick up the crabs at PGN Crabhouse at 29th St.





nothing beats eating crabs while sitting right on the bay.



In part three we do some Putt Putt, more fishing and hit the lottery

No comments: