Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OC 2009 Part 3

Woke up to a cloudy overcast day.....we decided to make today our shopping and mini-golf day



We decided to let the kids sleep in.......so there would be no early morning bike rides today.





This is the balcony off our bedroom......and also proof that Monica did go on this vacation



We take our putt putt pretty serious......no do overs, 6 stroke limit per hole, and 1 stroke penalty if your ball leaves the Green.......Monica won I came in 2nd just three strokes back, Monica's Mom 3rd, Mack and Marissa 4th and 5th






Golf made us a little hungry so we went off toDuffy's Tavern for lunch it was next to a cute Mexican place called Tequila Mockingbird, but Monica's Mom does not care much for Mexican food so Duffys it was.....its a nice Irish pub style place with good burgers.........I don't gamble much at all, but some times on vacation I like to play a game of Keno......I asked Monica for $4 so I could play two games......the numbers I played were 11 and 22 for both games with the bonus.....well I hit on both games with the bonus and won $120......So lunch tasted a little better and I did not feel so bad about losing to Monica at Putt Putt



For dessert we headed over to Ice Cream castle for some treats......Monica got a chocolate dipped cone




We did a little souvenir shopping and the back to the house for some more fishing



This was one ugly fish


Mike Fiore whom I work for has a home near where we are staying .....he stopped by for a visit and to invite us to go fishing on his boat later in the week......the best thing about a visit from Mike is he always brings some fantastic wine.


Monica's Aunt Deb stopped by to visit also........then Aunt Deb, Monica's Mom and the kids went out for dinner.....while Monica and I shared some wine on the porch instead of dinner.



tomorrow its back to the beach......and the "ut oh, we are locked out of our house" panic

No comments: